Membership application form and scan colour copy of supporting documents can now be submitted via email. Please click here for more details.
- The applicant must meet the following requirements*:
- Be at least 21 years of age and a Singapore citizen;
- An ethnic Chinese whose ancestry can be traced to Fujian Province;
- Be of sound mind
- Must not have been sentenced to imprisonment for more than 1 year and/or imposed a fine exceeding S$5,000 for any criminal offence.
- The application must be sponsored by 2 existing members of Singapore Hokkien Huay Kuan.
- Completed form must be submitted to our office at 5 Sennett Road Singapore 466781 in person. Applicant must bring along all original documents* for verification. All application is to be accompanied by a non-refundable payment of S$720 (inclusive of S$600 entrance fee and 5-year subscription of S$120).
- The Singapore Hokkien Huay Kuan Executive Council retains the full discretion to reject any application for membership without providing any reason.
- The conditions for membership may be amended by Singapore Hokkien Huay Kuan from time to time.
*Please refer to attached CHECKLIST FOR APPLICANT and furnish all required supporting document copies and softcopy of your recent passport photo to complete your application.
Attention to Parents who intend to register their child for Year of Registration 2023:
In order to qualify to be recommended to register under Phase 2B of the MOE Primary One Registration Exercise in one of SHHK affiliated primary schools for Year of Registration 2023, one of the criteria is for members to have a minimum of 2 consecutive years of membership tenure; that is the duly completed application to apply to be a member of SHHK must reach the SHHK secretariat office by 30 June 2021. Please visit our FAQ for other criteria in order to qualify for recommendation to register under Phase 2B.
For Year of Registration 2021/2022
Applicant applying to join SHHK as a member now and who intends to apply for recommendation to register under Phase 2B of the MOE Primary One Registration Exercise in one of SHHK affiliated primary schools for Year of Registration 2021/2022 will not qualify for the recommendation.